- BC Games
Southlands info meetings announced
Residents are being invited to learn more about Century Group's contentious proposal to develop the Southlands property.
The company is holding two public information meetings in May which will focus on the Southlands Official Community Plan amendment and rezoning application.
The first is scheduled for Saturday, May 12 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the South Delta Recreation Centre (1720 56th St.). The second is Tuesday, May 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the South Delta Recreation Centre.
Century Group is proposing to build 950 housing units on 20 per cent of the 537-acre agricultural parcel. The other 80 per cent would be transferred to the Corporation of Delta for agriculture, natural habitat and public open space.
On April 4, the development company submitted an application to Delta council to rezone the Southlands for the first phase of development. Phase 1 would include 450 units, plus infrastructure and public amenities.
Last fall the developer put forward an application to amend the Official Community Plan to allow new uses on the Southlands property.
The Corporation of Delta will also be holding a public information meeting for the application, likely in June. Once the details for this meeting are finalized, a notice will be sent to all Tsawwassen residents and the date, time and location of the meeting will also be posted at www.corp.delta.bc.ca.
This week, Century Group will be making a presentation to certain committees of council on Thursday, May 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Ladner Community Centre. The information presented will be very similar to the information in the presentation to council on April 16. The public may attend this presentation as observers.