Tsawwassen First Nation begins retail development work
Construction site preparation for Tsawwassen First Nation’s (TFN) future retail developments will begin this week, focusing onground preparation and the construction of a temporary road access off of Hwy 17.
Other activities include:
• Cutting and raking of the grass
• Installation of erosion control measures
• Construction of a temporary road access, including a temporary traffic light, on Hwy 17
• Relocation of drainage channels
• Construction of the vehicle staging area.
The work will be undertaken by TFN-Matcon JV, which is 51 per cent owned by the TFN Economic Development Corporation, and will take place at night during off-peak hour to minimize traffic disruptions.
Tanya Corbet, spokeswoman for TFN, says they don't anticipate significant noise and light concerns during this project phase, expected to wrap up at the end of December.
TFN’s two retail developments are Ivanhoe Cambridge and Property Development Group.