South Delta police beat
• Police responded to a report of an intoxicated person being difficult as a result of being refused service at the liquor store at 6:15 p.m. on March 9 at the 5200-block of Ladner Trunk Road. Police informed the suspect that any store can refuse service to any customer whether intoxicated or not. Suspect subsequently left the area.
• At 11:22 a.m. on March 9, a report was received that the door of a business on the 1000-block of 56th Street was unlocked and had set off the alarm. Police arrived and met with the person responsible for the lab who stated that nothing appeared suspicious inside and that her cleaners must have left the back door unlocked,
• Two males were observed smashing glass at a house in the 1200-block of 56th Street at 1:30 a.m. on March 9. As the police arrived the suspects fled on foot. Police were able to apprehend one of the suspects who was arrested for mischief and causing a disturbance. Damage caused by a beer bottle hitting the window of the house is $400.
• A driver of a vehicle pulled over for a traffic stop and admitted to having marijuana in the vehicle and was arrested for possession, at 9:45 p.m. on March 8, at Highway 17 and Tsawwassen Drive. A search of the vehicle revealed one gram of marijuana. The passenger was found to have an outstanding warrant and was arrested. Marijuana seized for destruction, driver released at the scene.
• Police located several youth behind Delta Secondary School drinking and being loud at 7 p.m. on March 8. The youth were required to clean up the grounds, warned, and escorted off the property.
• A vehicle with the engine running and a male slumped over the front seat was reported to police arounf 11:30 p.m. on March 8. on the 4800-block of Elliott Street. Investigators found a male who due to his state of tiredness had pulled over to the side of the road. Police requested the driver remain in the parked car with the engine off until he felt able to drive safely.
• On March 7, a resident on the 5100-block of Whitworth Crescent discovered their unlocked vehicle had been broken into overnight. Items stolen include $10 in change and CDs.
• Delta Police took a drunk driver off the road on March 5 on the 5700-block of Ladner Trunk Road. A witness called police to report the possible drunk driver and investigators were able to locate the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. The driver of the vehicle admitted to consuming alcohol, and was given a roadside breathalyzer test. As a result of the test, the driver of the vehicle was given a 90-day immediate roadside prohibition, and the vehicle was impounded for seven days. The driver and two passengers were released at the scene.